Taoshan - Sony Xperia L¶
The device is quite weak to run Halium. But it should be possible.
A port for Halium 7.1 is being worked on by Jonatan Hatakeyama Zeidler. Halium 7.1 builds, but does not install using halium-install due to TWRP BusyBox issues. Using halium-install from JBB the halium reference rootfs can be installed, but it does not seem to start.
|Distribution||Device Specific Files||Kernel||What works||What doesn’t work|
|LineageOS||LineageOS/android_device_sony_taoshan||LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_msm8916 based on v3.4.0||Everything||Nothing|
|Halium Reference Rootfs||jonnius/android_device_sony_taoshan||jonnius/android_kernel_asus_msm8916 based on v3.4.0||Installation||Does not boot|
|Plasma Mobile||jonnius/android_device_sony_taoshan||jonnius/android_kernel_asus_msm8916 based on v3.4.0||Building images||Installation (/data is to small)|
|UBPorts||None||None||Porting not yet started||Everything|
Special boot modes
- Fastboot: With the device powered off, while holding Volume Up, connect the USB cable to the computer. The LED should turn blue.
- Recovery: On boot, press Volume Down when the LEDs start lighting up. This only works with a working boot image. If there is none, you can flash twrp to boot partition first and use it to reboot into recovery.
- Second Recovery: To boot the FOTA Recovery, press Volume Up instead. This seems to be equal to Recovery.
After flashing hybris-boot, recovery can not be accessed anymore. Therefore follow these steps to install halium rootfs:
- Enter Fastboot
- Flash TWRP image to recovery and boot partition
- Reboot into TWRP on boot
- From TWRP reboot into Recovery
- In TWRP mount data partition
- Clone halium-install from JBB (the official one does not work)
- Edit functions/core.sh and change rootfs size to 1G (data partition has only 1.6 GB)
- Run halium-install with halium rootfs image and system.img
- Enter Fastboot
- Flash hybris-boot image to boot partition using fastboot